How many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aam4987

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How many Peacock cichlids could be kept together in a 75 gallon planted aquarium?

Although Aulonocara / Peacocks don't have the plant eating reputation of Mbunas, it's been my experience that Peacocks will eventually chew on aquarium plants. I tried Anubias & Java fern. The plants lasted for a couple of months, but the constant gnawing ended up ruining them.
A 75 gal. Tank could easily house seven or eight adult Peacocks. IMO instead of plants, decorate with limestone rocks.

Although Aulonocara / Peacocks don't have the plant eating reputation of Mbunas, it's been my experience that Peacocks will eventually chew on aquarium plants. I tried Anubias & Java fern. The plants lasted for a couple of months, but the constant gnawing ended up ruining them.
A 75 gal. Tank could easily house seven or eight adult Peacocks. IMO instead of plants, decorate with limestone rocks.

Oh yea they are constantly ripping them up. I'm always replanting them all. The plants are really starting to take off though, and the fish haven't been messing with them as much now for some reason. Certain plants they mess with more than others it seems.

Back
Top Bottom