how many mbuna can i have in a 72 gallon bow front aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 75g tank with 22 Africans currently but in the coming weeks I will be thinning out somewhat removing 5 or 6 fish..

ForumRunner_20120114_223454.jpg

i wanted to stock with yellow lab, cobalt blue and Fuelleborni Cichlid, Orange Blossom. how many of each should i add of each? I would be running two aquaclear 110.

jrledee said:
i wanted to stock with yellow lab, cobalt blue and Fuelleborni Cichlid, Orange Blossom. how many of each should i add of each? I would be running two aquaclear 110.

Try your best to go with 1male to every 3 females of each cichlid...or go all male..

Why would you go with all male? because of the fact I got 2 yellow lab males the bigger one has non stopped bullied the littler one to the point where its lost its coloring, doesn't eat and hides all day. I actually think its going to die. Why would you go with all males?

FxT4LyFx said:
Why would you go with all male? because of the fact I got 2 yellow lab males the bigger one has non stopped bullied the littler one to the point where its lost its coloring, doesn't eat and hides all day. I actually think its going to die. Why would you go with all males?

An all male tank leaves them without females to fight over&and over stocking with plenty of hiding places is the key..

Back
Top Bottom