How to let my sand settle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abumac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help me

Attachments

• image-2864917178.jpg
    image-2864917178.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 123
I added sand but did not take all of my water out ad now I can't get the sand to settle

Give it a few days. Hopefully it'll clear up over night. I found that if you put some stuffing or filter floss in it, it clears up faster.

Give it a few days. Hopefully it'll clear up over night. I found that if you put some stuffing or filter floss in it, it clears up faster.

I agree. Start running your filters and it'll clear up quicker. I normally use old filter pads to run it for a few days. They get really gunkie. Then I toss them out and put it the new ones. A lot cheaper than using brand new ones right away.

+1 good advice. I guess some aquarium salt does the job to? My neighbor told me to awhile back and it cleared up, coulda been the filter.

Doing pwc will help out too, make sure you dont just dump it in becuase that will stir up more sand

A water change is unnecessary. Filter and let settle. A water change could even make it worse due to disturbing your substrate.

When i setted up my first soil tank i did the same thing had little water in the tank and just dumped the soil in and filled it up. Water was cloudy and looked like it was not going to go away soon. I drained it and filled it back up using a small plate and it was good to go

I did the same thing. Drained completely then filled back up using python and large dinner plate to run the water over. This removes a lot of the smaller sand particles. Lot less to be stirred up later.

Make sure you put a sponge filter over your intake or that sand will wreck your filter. And leave it on. I learned the hard way

Back
Top Bottom