How's my mbuna set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
55 gallon tank I recently got for free and put together. What do you all think?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410624475.965802.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410624489.549178.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410624510.037788.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow, a 55 looks a lot bigger with fish that size...

The rockwork looks great, although cleaning it will be a nightmare. ?

What stock are looking at?

F Red zebra, m cobalt blue, f albino zebra, m acei, m ob zebra, f kenyi, f auratus, f hybrid, f yellow lab and 3 fry from the albino and cobalt. I know ply our going to say that's a bad stock but they're fine and if problems do come up I'll make changes

F Red zebra, m cobalt blue, f albino zebra, m acei, m ob zebra, f kenyi, f auratus, f hybrid, f yellow lab and 3 fry from the albino and cobalt. I know ply our going to say that's a bad stock but they're fine and if problems do come up I'll make changes

Wow, pretty similar to my own.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410633256.057989.jpg

I got:

3x Yellow Lab
1x Yellow-tail Acei
3x Red Zebra
4x Red Top Cobalt
4x Albino Socolofi
3x Elongatus Chewere
2x Super Red Top Ndumbi

And I'm not done yet!

Love it, I have my mbuna in a 55 now to, but I just purchased a 120 and am taking my time trying to set it up right. how and why did you make the ground have the slant in it? I see that alot but dont know how or why its done?

Looks good a power head will help with poop settling between the rock work

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes if you add a power head or wave maker it will give current to the water and flush out the poop which settles in the rocks.

I got a power head with it but it's a really old one might get a new one soon

Love it, I have my mbuna in a 55 now to, but I just purchased a 120 and am taking my time trying to set it up right. how and why did you make the ground have the slant in it? I see that alot but dont know how or why its done?

They do it on there own I just push the rocks into the sand and they dig out a cave

Back
Top Bottom