Hungry,aggressive, affectionate angefish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
My little angelfish has taken to coming up to my arm when it is in the tank and she nips at me. It startled the heck out of me the first time she did it! She will follow my arm and hand around and I swear she wants to play and be pet. She is completely unafraid and I don't know if she just thinks I am food, or whether she is trying to be assertive to me or just plain affectionate. Anybody else have this experience? My older angel does not do this at all. :?

My angels did that to me all the time. try holding food in your hand and seeing if your angel will eat from your hand.

SerLunchbox said:
My angels did that to me all the time. try holding food in your hand and seeing if your angel will eat from your hand.

They will do this. I mentioned in another thread that once they "see" you, they will follow you around the tank. I attributed this behavior to them being excessively greedy and constantly begging for food.

Take this as a sign that the fish feels at home in your tank. :wink:

Take this as a sign that the fish feels at home in your tank.

No doubt! Be happy!. . .

29 gal, FW tank, 2 ADF's, 6 neon tetras, 6 red wag platies, 2 angelfish, 4 lyretail molies, 3 tuxedo platies, 2 serpae tetras, plecostamus, chinese algae eater, 4 fancy guppies.

You've probably heard this and I'm sure you are aware of it, but that seems like a lot of fish in that tank! Got any pics? I'm curious where they all swim! : grin :

Yes my little angel does eat out of my hand, I don't think I want to make it a habit though. I wouldn't want her to stop eating normally and only eat out of my hand. I absolutely love my angels, they have such personality, but then again so do all my fish!

Back
Top Bottom