...Hybrid fry, yes or no...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
too early to tell? just wondering cause this is my first batch and someone commented about them possibly being hybrids due to some being darker and "stripey"... i sure hope not... and dont mind all the food, ive cleaned it all up and i now have a better system on how much and how to grind it up...

259g490.jpg

sy1lvt.jpg

2r2u1iq.jpg

2cp3wya.jpg

2rdwz1x.jpg

maw7q9.jpg

Wut female had them and wut males r in the tank with her

oh yea forgot those details... theres 2 labs, the female lab is the mother... i have a red zebra(new), German Red Peacock, 2 Sunshine peacocks(new)... the german red is way bigger than all my fish so i wouldnt suspect him gettin any action... ive had the 2 labs together ever since i started my fish hobby, and the zebra and the sunshines are very new... the female was holding for 21 days til i stripped her...

you can see here the mother, she has faint stripes herself and ive seen other labs with faint stripes so im assuming shes not a hybrid...
j9xz53.jpg

2lu5jma.jpg

From the look of the fry they for sure look like 100% labs do u have and blue or albino labs with her

negative... the only blue would be the blue in the german red... but like i said hes a giant compared to her...

I'm leaning toward hybrid. From my recollection (it's been awhile since I've bred yellow labs) they're somewhat more yellow from day one and don't have the pattern that they seem to have in the 4th photo (but that could be a camera flash effect).

You should know for sure as they get bigger, maybe as soon as they're an inch.

Here are a pics of my lab fry idk if this will help but yea they do look different then yours. Dont pay attention to the food these pics were taken about a week ago nd iv cleaned it since then.

Attachments

• image-804042242.jpg
    image-804042242.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2604450849.jpg
    image-2604450849.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 72
Looks like different lighting and a non flash camera... I used a flash on a real camera and i have different lighting

Back
Top Bottom