I am in love with this thing and I really really want one!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fairy Cichlid, Neolamprologus brichardii, now Neolamprologus pulcher:

They seem to be good in communities in a pair or so, please someone tell me it is possible to get this! And yes it is fairy cichlid i love it !

Oh for those of you who don't know I have a 29 (or 30 I have no idea, it is 30" long x 18" deep x 13" high) and am planning on cories, golden white clouds and a center fish or center pair. Was between bolivian rams and keyholes but if I can get away with this in any way possible I am going to do it.

I am not familiar with ciclids but that is a really cool fish. Good luck. Liveaquaria.com has a compatibility chart but that all the help I got.

BTW. I voted. Thanks for the reminder.

They're a Tanganykian cichlid, and need hard, alkaline water, not compatible with Corydoras. They're alright as a single fish, but if you have a breeding pair they'll take over the entire tank as the fry grow larger. Your tank is a 29, and they would rather quickly overcrowd that size.
I had a breeding pair of a similar species in a 55 with other Tang cichlids. I moved them and their fry into a 38 after they took over half the tank. After about several months there were a couple hundred fry, not healthy from being overcrowded. They ended up in the piranha tank at the lfs and I swapped off the adults and larger, healthy young ones.

Back
Top Bottom