I feel like a noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1997

Aquarium Advice Freak
Feel like a noob..... I'm most likely going to change my African cichlid tank into a planted community tank.... Because I am becoming over whelmed with guppy fry and I don't have another tank that's big enough for them to go into when they start growing up so I'm going to have to change it to a community tank. Any thoughts? And how do I easily change te gravel to sand

For one you could get rid of all your guppies, LFS, friends, craigslist.... and the smaller fry you could use as live food for your africans.

Switching over to sand isn't to hard to do, just a pain in the butt! :) Do a large water change ( don't refill tank,)remove all the decoration's/rock, leave the fish, remove the gravel and replace with clean sand. Put the decorations/rock back in and fill with water. Your tank may be cloudy for a few days, depending on how well you rinsed the sand.

ocean said:
For one you could get rid of all your guppies, LFS, friends, craigslist.... and the smaller fry you could use as live food for your africans.

Switching over to sand isn't to hard to do, just a pain in the butt! :) Do a large water change ( don't refill tank,)remove all the decoration's/rock, leave the fish, remove the gravel and replace with clean sand. Put the decorations/rock back in and fill with water. Your tank may be cloudy for a few days, depending on how well you rinsed the sand.

Guppy fry is a bad idea to feed africans! It is widely believed that too much protein causes bloat (Malawi bloat) in most african species, although there are some exceptions like eye biters

That is true that I could sell them...... But this is only my secon time ever I've had liverbeaers fry of any kind

Back
Top Bottom