i have a nice shoal of eye biters! -- are they possile hybrids??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m013y

Aquarium Advice Regular
These get along great in my african cichlid tank. No conflict what so ever... one of them has mature into its lovly blue colours and i have 4 females. Looking into breeding i came across people talking about hyrbrids... according the internet they are practicly able to cross breed with most of my community lol
The most interesting one i came across was the ' yellow lab X malawi eye-biter hybrid '... can anyone shine ne light of this matter for me plz? coz i cant even find a picture of them
Thanks in advance

Ye this is a male.. the females have a solid black horizontal line, couple of dashes across the top of their body. Have you heard of the hybrids i mentioned.

...The most interesting one i came across was the ' yellow lab X malawi eye-biter hybrid '... can anyone shine ne light of this matter for me plz? coz i cant even find a picture of them...

Photo of Eye-biter x Yellow Lab hybrid (dimiochromis compressiceps x labiochromis caeruleus) fifth hybrid fish from the bottom:

(website in french)
horreurs hybrides

Eye-biter x malawi blue dolphin hybrid fifth hybrid fish from the top.

I don't know if its the angle of the photo or what but that doesn't look like a D. Compressiceps to me.

I agree, doesnt look like an eyebiter to me. Mouth doesnt look right or tje body shape. Could just be the angle of the pic like mog said though.

Thanks for the link
Its something like i imagined.
Beautiful fish.

It looks exactly like your photo.... but ye sure ill get another pic... ill try for the females too. But he has only just turnt colours im not sure if that makes any difference??

Sorry for the long reply
I have been looking into this... the pics ive seen the Ebs tend to be alot slimmer.
Can any1 shine any light on this plz

Back
Top Bottom