I need to find a long arch rock formation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamtron2000

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm working on my hardscape in my 37 gallon and have medium sized rocks on the bottom but the mid and top area are empty and I would like to find an arch to go across the tank. Websites to order from would be great. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422377813.177650.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422377833.788225.jpg
Here are some pictures of the tank

Sometimes people use driftwood to fill mid sections of the tank.

Driftwood would be neat but there is PH to worry about. Any artificial that is actually nice looking? Still leaning toward rock though

Hukit makes a good point! Make your own! I did and I believe the thread is still on here.

Could you guys direct me to a DIY arch type of deal?

Worried about PH dropping

That really shouldn't be much of a concern to be honest. Tannic acid (aka the brown in the water) could slightly lower the PH. The degree it lowers it depends on the hardness of the water it's in and for most it's not detectable.

Here is a huge 5 foot plus hunk of manzanita that didn't effect the PH...

27198-albums13422-picture63119.jpg

Unfortunately I can't direct you where to buy one, otherwise I'd probably have one myself as well, but a rock work structure similar to this?
Making it a foam build is probably the closest you could get for what you want to do.
I've already accepted this for pretty much all of my tanks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423054141991.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423054141991.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 67
Unfortunately I can't direct you where to buy one, otherwise I'd probably have one myself as well, but a rock work structure similar to this?
Making it a foam build is probably the closest you could get for what you want to do.
I've already accepted this for pretty much all of my tanks.

I decided on driftwood! I ordered a nice long piece with a large hole in it. The tank won't look like lake Malawi but it will look full!

I decided on driftwood! I ordered a nice long piece with a large hole in it. The tank won't look like lake Malawi but it will look full!

That's what I'm doing for the time being, I'm picking up a few chunks this weekend for my Jack and Malawi tanks. I can't stand them being so empty.

I'm waiting on the foam work until I have the money to actually invest in that. Of course I wouldn't stop there, I want the works. 3D background, suspended lighting, a trunk up out of the water..

Back
Top Bottom