I think Ive finally decided

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScoobyQue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im getting a 16 gallon tank and I want to make it a Cichlid only tank....need help with deciding which ones that I can or cannot put together....(y):fish2:(y)

hmmmm... i dont think there are many let me check. only ones that come to mind are rams and kribensis but i think they need 20 gallons

yeah....i just put my foot in my mouth on that one....i did more research afterwards and i realized....im an idiot...lol

Ive been looking into these Shell Dwellers, they seem to be good for beginners (which I am), and good for small tanks (which i also have)...i was wondering:
1. Where to go to get some?
2. What an acceptable price?

Depends on what type of shell dweller you plan on getting for the price.
As far as where to get them I got mine at my lfs, I don't think any chains like petco or petsmart carry them. If not you may have to order them or find someone in your area who breeds them.

i was looking at them online, and they arent that bad...its just i was wondering if they would make it here, im in fl and the closest place that i could find them were in jersey or utah....are there any sites that anyone knows of closer to here...or even how to check for breeders or places to order them?

There a more than a few cichlids that could be kept in 16 gallons, What is the footprint of the tank? Rams, Apistos, Laetacara, and Nanacara are a few that come to mind, if the footprint is 12" x 24".

I recommend shell Dwellers, they may lack the color of rams or kribensis. But they develop personalities and are fun to watch!

Back
Top Bottom