I thought my African Cichild had Ich but I think I was wrong.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shannon72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,
I am in need of advice with my African Cichild. About six months ago I noticed one of my African Cichild had what looked like one grain of rice on his bottom fin. I gradually raised the water temp to 86 degrees. I also began using salt in the water and Ich Meds for about 3 weeks. But after all of that nothing got better or worse. I will admit at that point I dropped the ball and didn’t take things any further to fix the problem. All the fish in the aquarium were doing fine and no one has died. So a few weeks ago I made a mistake and added two African Cichild and a Alage Fish. The two African Fish now have that same type grain of rice on there bottom fin as well. I have started treating the tank again for Ich, but things have not gotten any better. I also think that one of the other have started with something on one it’s fin. This one one tiny white dot on his fin. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have for me!IMG_2937.jpgIMG_2939.jpg

I agree with KF, "fin nipping". The white spot is a speck of fungus attached to the damaged fin tissue.

Is there some medication you would recommend to get rid of the fungus. Especially now that one of my other fish also has a tiny with dot on their fin. It does not look the same as the others. Do u have any recommendations. Their fins do not look they have been nipped at. They are fully intact. They just have that what looks similar to a white grain of rice on them.

Clean water & good nutrition usually heals up minor abrasions, where a fungus has attached. Melafix is often used as a disinfectant to help speed up the process.

Clean water & good nutrition usually heals up minor abrasions, where a fungus has attached. Melafix is often used as a disinfectant to help speed up the process.

Ok, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom