I want a RED African?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking better this morning, here's still plastered, but not as much, and not as blatant. That's the scary part though, because the only way the spots disappear is when they rupture pouring hundreds more into the water.
Temps at 87* as of this morning.
If he does die, and can get him replaced, but when you spent 30 minutes picking out one specific fish in a school of 20 or so, you really want to keep that one.

Amazing recovery... While were still not out if the woods, I'd say he has about 50% less Ich then he did the other day.
He is totally pale, but his face is cleared up a ton. Still swimming/eating fine. And no other fish look I'll.
I think he's going to make it.

Ok I've decided to trade out one more fish. How bad is it of me to add him to 86* medicated water. Obviously going to leave him in the bag for a while, and slowly introduce the water. But this trade has to happen today, and I figure it is a good idea to just treat him as well. Especially with the luck I am having,
I just don't want to shock him to death.
I figured id put the bag in the tank, and let it sit for at least an hour.

I'm thinking I'll do a water change before I add him, and then remedicate after a few hours.

More worried about the temperature shock than anything.

Everyone is scratching like crazy, is this normal for Victoria green and nitromersol? I'm worried they have something else as well. Half have pinched fins as well.

I'm debating if I should get something stronger, or if this is normal.

The Ich is clearing right up. But the rest look worse. Although the new fish I added started scratching almost immediately.

I'm scared of using Formalin, I've heard so many bad stories, but i want this to be the last treatment I ever do.

Start doing daily water changes until it gets better
I have been. Everyday. The Ich is getting a million times better, I can only see like 2 spots this morning. But in worried they may have gill flukes or another parasite.

That's why I'm wondering if the current medication could be causing all the irritation

Back
Top Bottom