Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandonmckenzie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Both my fish have died because of ich if the parisite has nothing to go on will they all die in the freeswim form or what ever also i have live plants ? Maybe they can go on them ?

Both my fish have died because of ich if the parisite has nothing to go on will they all die in the freeswim form or what ever also i have live plants ? Maybe they can go on them ?

From I've read they will attach themselves to decor etc. they do need a host I feed off of though... Ich would from what I gathered from reading will still go trough it's cycle.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php

Add two table spoon of table salt for every 5 gallons mix with aquarium water don't just pour it in for a week raise the temp for a week then do a water change

I'm dealing with ich right now. If your going to treat the tank I would highly suggest this.

1 tablespoon of salt (kosher or aquarium) per 5 gallons everyday, let the salt dissolve in the cup first.

Raise temp to 86 degrees.

50% water changes every 2nd day. Add salt ONLY for amount of water taken out, salt doesn't evaporate.

Do this for 10-14 days.

Of course I'm dealing with it with fish in my tank so it may be a little different but you still have the parasite very much alive in your tank.

In my opinion I prefer salt chemicals are bad for the fish table salt don't have that and it kills ich just as well and it cosy less

Not table salt, at least that's what I've always been told. I've always gone with Kosher salt. I agree about meds but I don't think meds was brought up was it?

I just won the ich battle with salt I've bought super ich that turns ur water blue and it never worked

Back
Top Bottom