Ich in my 110 show tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For sure they are. Water rolling like rapids on top... I have a max jet 1200 not being used ahold I add that? It's currently set up as a circulation pump though... Worst part is I have a bloody wedding to go to in an hour!!!!!

As long as it breaking the surface to the point where there are bubbles then that is perfect. It very well could have been a freak occurrence, I would test your water parameters though.

Update: I ended up removing the paraguard from my tank. Just kept up with heat and salt. So far 2 out of the 3 fish that were infected appear to be clear now. The one fish still has it pretty bad. Should I treat that fish separately? I now have a 10 quarantine/hospital tank setup.... Lesson learned.

Ya? He's still pretty covered... But none of the fish have ever acted differently. They're all eating great. Swimming around. Just the odd scratching on the substrate. Is this normal? I'd always thought the fish would get lethargic and appear sick?

This is my first encounter with ich. Had no idea what to expect..

Ya? He's still pretty covered... But none of the fish have ever acted differently. They're all eating great. Swimming around. Just the odd scratching on the substrate. Is this normal? I'd always thought the fish would get lethargic and appear sick?

This is my first encounter with ich. Had no idea what to expect..

Thats completely normal. They do that to basically scratch themselves. To me ich to fish is like measles to us. Just continue your treatment with heat and salt and in a weeks time you should be good

Ok great! Thanks everyone for all of your help!!

Good day all!

So I check my tank this morning and I can't see any visible signs of ich. I'm assuming this is good but I'm not getting too excited yet. How much longer should I keep treating for it. I've just been doing a 30%wc every other day and adding the appropriate amount of salt all the while running my tank at 85.5 degrees.

Good day all!

So I check my tank this morning and I can't see any visible signs of ich. I'm assuming this is good but I'm not getting too excited yet. How much longer should I keep treating for it. I've just been doing a 30%wc every other day and adding the appropriate amount of salt all the while running my tank at 85.5 degrees.

I don't remember how long the life cycle of ich is off the top of my head but HUKIT wrote a great article on it. Give it a read and it should help you out.

Ok thanks! I will check that out for sure! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom