Ich in my 110 show tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JraGold

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I purchased a couple haps on the weekend and added them to my tank acclimating them over just shy of 2 hours.

I looked at my tank this morning and noticed that those 2 haps and another fish which was already in my tank have ich on them... So I slowly raised the temp in the aquarium to 83-84 degrees and slowly added aquarium salt. Due to the fact that it's in my "show" tank I don't really wanna use meds but I also don't wanna lose any fish...

Just wondering what other African Cichlid keepers do in this situation?

Oh and I did a 30% wc as well.

I dont know what my parameters are like right now seeing as I basically panicked and totally forgot to check them but the tank has been running for 3 months plus and I'm yet to see my nitrates over 20.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

This is why it's important to always to have a QT tank on hand. You never know what a fish could be harboring and it very easy to wipe out a whole tank with the addition of just one fish.

I agree bump up the temp, hope it all turns out ok for you.

Heat is currently on its way up.. Checked my parameters ammo 0 Trites 0 trates 20. Should I do another water change? Get the trates down?

More of my fish are "infected" this morning.. Still all appear heathy though. No darting, rubbing, etc.

read up on paraguard made by seachem. its filter safe -plant safe. and works awsomely. i use it in my angelfish show tank and never had any problems

read up on paraguard made by seachem. its filter safe -plant safe. and works awsomely. i use it in my angelfish show tank and never had any problems

Stuff sounds good. Is it ok with plecos/catfish?

Ok will do. I just got back from my lfs and they were recommending is use cupermine? Sounded to harsh to me so I opted to ask you guys first on your thoughts?

i have use the microbe- lift and maby its just mine but all my bristle nose died when using it. im sure its a great product though

Ok will do. I just got back from my lfs and they were recommending is use cupermine? Sounded to harsh to me so I opted to ask you guys first on your thoughts?

I've never heard if it I'll have to look it up.

i have use the microbe- lift and maby its just mine but all my bristle nose died when using it. im sure its a great product though

Could be an isolated incident, I have 3 bristlenose that survived several rounds of Herbtana and other Microbe-Lift products.

The cupermine is also made by seachem it's a copper based product from what I understand.

I did buy the para guard though. It doesn't say whether it affects plecos/catfish at all... Just says fish and filter safe parasite control.

Should I wait out the heat and salt treatment? All fish still seem active and healthy. I have seen the odd rubbing on the substrate though...

Or should I treat with para guard? If I do should I slowly lower the temp first?

Will it stain my sealant? Just opened the bottle and to my surprise it's quite blue! Haha

if u use the proper dose it shouldn't hurt the sealent. im not sure if the heat affects paraguard or not but it will be ok to treat cause they use it in sw tanks also

after fish are healed the active carbon willl remove the color along with water changes

I actually don't use carbon. Should I put some in after the treatment is done?

Just added para guard and within 20 mins I lost a fish!!!!! What gives????? Thought it was sage

Absolutely!! Have 3 spray bars aimed up and a maxjet 400.

Back
Top Bottom