ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrza

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is this fish?

Attachments

• image-2043556101.jpg
    image-2043556101.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3374874187.jpg
    image-3374874187.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3206551605.jpg
    image-3206551605.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3128164147.jpg
    image-3128164147.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 121
I thought it was a male perlmutt, bu then again I was told THIS was a perlmutt. Any thoughts on this one?

Attachments

• image-2580833631.jpg
    image-2580833631.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 106
TheGrza said:
I thought it was a male perlmutt, bu then again I was told THIS was a perlmutt. Any thoughts on this one?

Looks like a hap of some sort not an mubuna and the only reason I say that is because allot of Haps have that stripe over the eye.

Okay cool. Now onto that other fish. It's been to suggested that it could be A. Latifasciata (zebra obliquiden) which would satisfy that hap theory, yet though he colors up with yellow and green while feeding etc. he lacks the red that is apparent in all the pics I've seen of them. He's one of the "original 8" in my tank and I still don't know what he is.

Could be a female zebra obliquiden, they aren't near as pretty.

I am going to have to disagree with that A. Latifasciata theory the strip patterns aren't correct. The striping looks like a Kenyi almost but that stripe over the eye throws me.

Mogurako said:
I am going to have to disagree with that A. Latifasciata theory the strip patterns aren't correct. The striping looks like a Kenyi almost but that stripe over the eye throws me.

Wait, which one are you talking about? The first set of photos I posted or throne I posted further down the thread?

I've tried IDing it using tepoot's cichlid book and various Internet sources to no avail. The stripes are not perfectly parallel and at times he exhibits yellow green and hints of almost orange.

Now that I see that new picture and you mention the colors I am leaning more toward A. Latifasciata than I was as before, I would say I'm about 80% sure on that.

I've been doing some poking around; that first fish I posted, labidochromis sp. mbamba perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom