ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gplundberg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All!

I got this Chiclid at petsmart two days ago and they told me that it was an acei chiclid but it does not look like it. It has white fins on the bottom and the tail and dorsal fin are yellow.

Thanks for the help!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392588558.956078.jpg

Picture is super blurry. But from what I can see it looks like they were right.

Also not trying to be rude. But from the decor and set up of your tank it doesn't look like a very good home for it. They need plenty of hiding spots and would feel more comfortable in a more natural environment. Also what size of tank do you have (looks pretty small from the picture).

Also not trying to be rude. But from the decor and set up of your tank it doesn't look like a very good home for it. They need plenty of hiding spots and would feel more comfortable in a more natural environment. Also what size of tank do you have (looks pretty small from the picture).

The tank is a grow out tank and he will be moved in a month or so and am heading for the lfs for a hiding spot

Okay. Rocks would be best. Just stack them on too of each other. You can even goto a landscaping store it's a lot cheaper!

Very blurry so hard to tell 100%, but from that pic it does look like a yellow tail acei, but if he came from an assorted tank, there's always a chance that it could be a hybrid IMO.

Back
Top Bottom