ID my africans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ktw020

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can you please id these 3 africans for me! thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 106
My guess... GUESS. Is that you have a right- bumblebee, left- kenyi or demasoni, and middle- electric yellow or lab. Although they look pretty young.

Bumblebee and crabro are the same fish. I wasn't sure about the yellow lab/ caeruleus as I couldn't see any black on the dorsal. I think demasoni would be darker wouldn't it ? Kenyi is a good shout I need a bigger screen lol.

Yep I agree completely. But I'm unsure of the age of these 3. I believe that although the color on a demasoni is absolutely remarkable, I'm sure a really young individual could be as dull as this one. As with the lab, I have a lab with bareeeeeeely any black on the dorsal. I'm sure there is a few out there without any black, also I'd say, based off of other species, not all but most, I'd say males may have a greater black stripe on them than the average female.

I'd say kenyi more then dem though. I think I see brown on it and one of my kenyias recently showed a large amount of color loss replaced by a dull brown!

Anyone else got thoughts

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389747845.085622.jpg

Can anyone properly ID this cichlids for me?!? Was told blue lump head, cobalt blue zebra and "random hybrid ". Would love to know the real answer!! Anyone!? Thank u!

I don't think the blue one is a demasoni or kenyi a closer pic would help but the other two I think you guys are right.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Snowmans right not a demasoni or kenyi. But I have no idea what it actually is just know not those.

It vary well could be a hybrid.

And as for that other fish that got posted, looks like a hybrid to me, or a cobalt zebra.

Back
Top Bottom