ID my cichlid please!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dornblaser1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need to figure out what this guy is, he is by far my favorite fish when he feeds or shows dominance he/she colors up wicked cool black baring only brighter than pictured. i think its a he based of coloring but idk. Please help me out with any info.

I have 3 red zebra, 4 yellow labs, 1 female acei, and this guy so far

Compatible???

Attachments

• ID_CICHLID1.jpg
    ID_CICHLID1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 154
he/she looks more like placidochromis milomo but he has thinner barring maybe because he is juvie still, thanks for the help! if anyone else has input its greatly appreciated

ok i found this cichlid and it looks exactly like it and fits description Haplochromis sp. "#44" thickskin

juvi zebra obliquidens got me to this answer because i found a forum with an article saying a lot of stores/breeders/suppliers will give the name zebra obliquiden to any victorian with a lot of color but a common victorian but very colorful is Haplochromis sp. "#44" thickskin

anyone agree

ok i found this cichlid and it looks exactly like it and fits description Haplochromis sp. "#44" thickskin

juvi zebra obliquidens got me to this answer because i found a forum with an article saying a lot of stores/breeders/suppliers will give the name zebra obliquiden to any victorian with a lot of color but a common victorian but very colorful is Haplochromis sp. "#44" thickskin

anyone agree
Yup, but could be the 2 first i stated. You might have to wait till it grows to see its distinctive features!

alright all of them are carnivorous so i went to the lfs and i got some more food lol
so i have 1 acei, 4 yellow labs, 3 ob red zebra, my cory which is going soon, and this guy

i bought limpets reef buffet (the guy said this would be good for africans) supposed to feed about a quarter sized chunck of that plus my normal food which is omega one super color cichlid pellets (sinking), hikari cichlid gold (floating), and hikari algae wafers (sinking)
that sound right??

Back
Top Bottom