Id my Flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking Red Dragon also. and what would make it a low grade at such a young age o_O if it were a kamfa? Its total body length may be 1 1/2".

Facts in on my flowerhorn , we was right oohit~ it's a ZZ red dragon male and its quality is a high B to low A still to early for me to judge by the book. He really is starting to come back together as far as fin healing goes and really getting his pearl on.

Attachments

• image-2519239889.jpg
    image-2519239889.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 101
Facts in on my flowerhorn , we was right oohit~ it's a ZZ red dragon male and its quality is a high B to low A still to early for me to judge by the book. He really is starting to come back together as far as fin healing goes and really getting his pearl on.

Wow! He's looking really nice!

I got some new pictures of mine too, and bought a 2nd at an auction 2 weeks ago for $5 - not as nice, and very mean for only being 1.5" but we'll see what (s)he grows into

(The one with the metallic is the original)

Attachments

• image-3795817171.jpg
    image-3795817171.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3959944321.jpg
    image-3959944321.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 91
Awesome! I really like your original, do you know what kind it is? The bottom one i bet will color up more once hes grown some. I cant believe how much mine has grown, in two weeks he has doubled in size and color, I just started feeding Grand Sumo monday we will see what the next two weeks do for him :) ill update for sure!

On a side note what do you do for tank conditions for yours, this is my first FH so its all a learning experience for me, from other peoples opinion mine is doing extremley well and my conditions are really good. But I have mine in a 55 gallon tank all alone, and I know generally people say dont add tank mates or add a blood parrot if you just want something in there, have you ever tried keeping anything with them? I at least need to add an algea eater of some sort i would think, even tho i do water changes every week on him.

Awesome! I really like your original, do you know what kind it is? The bottom one i bet will color up more once hes grown some. I cant believe how much mine has grown, in two weeks he has doubled in size and color, I just started feeding Grand Sumo monday we will see what the next two weeks do for him :) ill update for sure! On a side note what do you do for tank conditions for yours, this is my first FH so its all a learning experience for me, from other peoples opinion mine is doing extremley well and my conditions are really good. But I have mine in a 55 gallon tank all alone, and I know generally people say dont add tank mates or add a blood parrot if you just want something in there, have you ever tried keeping anything with them? I at least need to add an algea eater of some sort i would think, even tho i do water changes every week on him.

The first one is a red dragon x red dragon SB - and the newer guy is a red dragon, but he's actually about a 1/2" bigger so I have a feeling he won't color up as nice, though he may end up as a nice fish.
Mine are only 1" and 1.5" so they don't have 55's to themselves yet. My smaller guy (and favorite lol) was in a 10g with guppies to grow out a bit plus get him used to other fish - he's extremely nice to them for now. I do water changes atleast 2x/week. The new guy is in my 55g Mbuna tank growing out lol I know - they don't mix - but he does really well with them and i am not ready to set up such a large tank for just 1 small fish yet. He is able to hold his own and is similarly sized to most of them anyways. These guys get water changes twice a week or more as well.
water parameters are something like 7.6-.8, 0, 0, -20
I know they like more acidic stuff but oh well he's used to it now.

Once the little guy grows to say 2" I'll put him into my 28 for another inch or so, - so ideally both will be about 3" before they get their own tanks, and then it'll be a split 55 till they get to about 5-6" and at that time I'll decide if I want to keep both, or if I want to sell one and keep the other.

That makes sense, mine is about 2" and I only moved him to the 55 becouse I had a spare otherwise he would be in a 10 or in with my mbuna aswell lol.

That makes sense, mine is about 2" and I only moved him to the 55 becouse I had a spare otherwise he would be in a 10 or in with my mbuna aswell lol.

Yeah, if they weren't able to hold their own, or were getting too big, they'd have more space, but I just don't want to open up a large tank for such a tiny fish

Back
Top Bottom