ID on this fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laur94x

Aquarium Advice Freak
We've just got this fish with a tank of cichlids that we're taking off of someone an this one has been badly bullied. I wanna know of its safe to put him in with my tropicals till he gets stronger? I have 5 guppies, 5 albino cories, 1 pearl gourami and one bristle nose pleco. Advice please, I know nothing about cichlids x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 102
I don't have a spare tank for just him. He's in a bad way and isn't strong at all. He's been in the tropical tank for a few minutes and hasn't started on anything but my gourami is chasing him

How's it going? the gourami chasing won't help.. How about a breeder box in cichlid tank

Well my flatmate went and bought a little tank (literally like a goldfish bowl) whist I was at work and it's currently in that. It has a heater and a bubble stone at the moment and something for it to hide in. I'll be very surprised if he lives through the night, he'd clearly been really beaten up. I have my tropical tank, a cichlid tank where he came from and a goldfish tank + now this little tank that he's in, where do you think would be best to keep him? On his own in little tank so he's not picked on? I could possibly fit a small filter in there or just do very frequent water changes? I think it may be a bumble bee cichlid?

I would leave him in the small tank. I'm sorry, I don't know what he is, he's pretty though, maybe someone else knows. Change his water daily (you could also seed a filter with a little media from established tank) and keep him somewhere dark/quiet. Hope he recovers =)

He's already coloured up a lot and is swimming much more now he's on his own. Fingers crossed he makes it but ill be surprised :( beautiful fish though, I'm so excited to finally have cichlids. Anyone know that stuff you can buy to add to the water to help fish heal? He's pretty battered, fins are buggered and covered in red marks poor thing

Melafix is good for open wounds. There's stuff called Fish First aid. But really if he doesn't have any open wounds, you just have to let him heal on his own. Pretty fish, though.

I don't know if I'd mess with melafix, especially in the small tank, but suppose it couldn't hurt. I've learned on this forum nothing like prime treated clean water to cure what ails them =) good luck

Okay thank you. on second thoughts, hes gone from yellow and is gradually going blue. We think hes a zebra cichlid possible. will post another picture from a minute ago x

Looking a bit better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 78
Unfortunately he died during the night :( atleast we tried. Now i'm just desperately trying to sort out the aggression problems in the main cichlid tank. The person who we got the tank from yesterday clearly didn't look into anything before buying it so everything has just been killing eachother. apparently he had 15 cichlids in it not long ago and there is now 5 cos theyre all killing eachother. if anyone could go onto my other post and help me there id really appreciate it x

Back
Top Bottom