Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, these were from the infamous "assorted African" tank. Guy said he thinks they are female Johanni but this want my LFS so I wanted to get your thoughts.

The one in the first pic I know is a yellow lab I'm talking about the orange ones.

Thanks

Attachments

• image-3706337311.jpg
    image-3706337311.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2908613912.jpg
    image-2908613912.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 99
Great! I was duped. I was wanting a couple female Johanni, not a new species added! UGH

hang on a second, are they different fish? if yes, then can i have a different angle on the fish in the 1st pic? id be inclined to say the body is off for a rz. the 2nd fish yes its RZ, but the 1st... xx

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
hang on a second, are they different fish? if yes, then can i have a different angle on the fish in the 1st pic? id be inclined to say the body is off for a rz. the 2nd fish yes its RZ, but the 1st... xx

Ohh good eye....the egg spots are different. So either the angle stinks or they are 2 diff fish. Good catch!

well the body of the 1st fish looks closer to a johanni, and i see the feintest johanni female stripe on the body. tbh i hadnt even seen the difference in egg spots i just saw the eye size, body length, colour and stripe that told me there was a difference xx

well the body of the 1st fish looks closer to a johanni, and i see the feintest johanni female stripe on the body. tbh i hadnt even seen the difference in egg spots i just saw the eye size, body length, colour and stripe that told me there was a difference xx

Well jeeze! Who goes by eye size, body length, color and stripe?!?!? Amateur!! pee shaw ;-)

lol!! i love you Lady Alia ur awesome :L xx

To the untrained eye I'm just looking at my phone and laughing my tooshie off....wait....that's EXACTY what I'm doing! lol

They are 2 different fish. I'll try to get a better pic of the first one, the one without the egg spots. It will probably be late today, I broke my foot and I'm not doing good up and down the stairs!

The one with the egg spots, do you think that's a male cause of the spots or you can't go by that? How will it do with johanni, yellow labs and yellow-tail acei?

Thanks!

So I couldn't wait ;)
Here are 2 more pics, sorry the quality isn't great this guy doesn't sit still!

Attachments

• image-4244690858.jpg
    image-4244690858.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2061304476.jpg
    image-2061304476.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 58
Also, my buddy is moving and regimes all his Africans but 1. He asked me to take it or rehome. Can anyone I'd so I can research and decide to keep or rehome?

Attachments

• image-1090375151.jpg
    image-1090375151.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 63
looks like a neolamprologus leleupi for ur mates fish

im very highly inclined to say the one without egg spots is a johanni girl. i keep RZ and have been to many an lfs with RZ, and that is much closer to the johanni than the RZ :) so not fully duped!! 1 of 2 lol.

for sexing you vent. its the surest way to go, unless the fish has a different colour for their gender, like johanni male is blue female is yellow. i recomend this page to everyone: Malawi Cichlids, Malawi Species Profiles, African Cichlids, Lake Malawi, Malawi Forum, Tanks, Articles, Books, Videos

Thanks! So my friends fish, the long Latin name you gave, think that would be ok with johanni, yellow labs, yellow tail acei or should I rehome?

Thank you much for your help!

id say give it a go but watch out they are not reputed to be as... 'strong willed' ha. but possibly.

and np, its been sorta fun. what size tank is it and how many acei do you have btw? x

Back
Top Bottom