Id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kowalski

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think one of the three is a peacock

Attachments

• image-301751198.jpg
    image-301751198.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image-563225117.jpg
    image-563225117.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3197162632.jpg
    image-3197162632.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 110
The 1st pic is a Dragon blood peacock. The 2nd pic is an arustus and the other fish in the 3rd pic looks like an OB peacock maybe

The 1st pic is a Dragon blood peacock. The 2nd pic is an arustus and the other fish in the 3rd pic looks like an OB peacock maybe

Thank you for the Id! All the Ids I searched on google and they are right

The 2nd pic is actually a Melanochromis chipokae rather than an auratus. They can be distinguished by the tail fin. An auratus has a tail that is yellow on the bottom half while the top is white with black spots. The chipokae has a solid yellow tail, sometimes with black striping radiating outward parallel with the rays from the base.

WYite

Well these cichlids are only about an inch and a half right now

The 2nd pic is actually a Melanochromis chipokae rather than an auratus. They can be distinguished by the tail fin. An auratus has a tail that is yellow on the bottom half while the top is white with black spots. The chipokae has a solid yellow tail, sometimes with black striping radiating outward parallel with the rays from the base.

WYite

I'm not familiar with the melanochromis genus but this does look a little different then a pseudotropheus Auratus. I think it's the lack of white coloration in the flanks

The white striping on M. chipokae also tends to be less prominent, good eye, congoman. The quickest way to rule out an auratus is the tail, though, due to individual variation within any species.

WYite

Back
Top Bottom