ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lay6488

Aquarium Advice Regular
I seen this and wondering what type it is and what it eats?
it's at small mom and pop lfs and has a minnow in it's mouth
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394665795.398877.jpg

It says assorted Africans on tank why would it be fed a minnow? Didn't know they could be fed live fish
anyone who knows thanx just curious

Here's another smaller one better pic it's got a blue shine ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394669847.365356.jpg

Interesting looking fish still there's Alota blue haps and peacocks out there

Are these carnivores? Guy told me I can add to mbuna tank I'm planning
I'm searching for fish right not I'm letting tank run still

Not really you could feed the blood worms once in a while but not mbuna I feed my hap/peacock tank a pellet food veggie flake and the occasional blood worm honestly you'd do them great to just feed NLS

I have tank running and have some fish in it but not cichlids I'm still trying to pick out so I shouldn't get these things?

Right now I have white cloud minnows (going to put back in 36 gallon once I buy cichlids) in there with some syno catfish and nerita snail

I seen this and wondering what type it is and what it eats?
it's at small mom and pop lfs and has a minnow in it's mouth
View attachment 227616

It doesn't have a minnow in its mouth. That is a female that is mouthbrooding her young.

The cichlids will likely eat the snails, but in part it will depend on what types of cichlids you go with. I don't generally recommend keeping peacocks with mbuna, as the peacocks are generally carnivores and the mbuna are generally herbivores - so they have different nutritional needs.

Back
Top Bottom