Id this fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have not been able to find an id on this fish

Attachments

• image-4182947184.jpg
    image-4182947184.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 121
Its a male kenyi cichlid hes in the process of changing colors he will soon be yellow....he looks just like mine

Looks identical to mine the males change from blue to yellow when they mature as it happens they go through this like purplish color transition

xfactor6699 said:
Looks identical to mine the males change from blue to yellow when they mature as it happens they go through this like purplish color transition

See the one sifting the sand in the background. That's a Kenyi. When they change color the blue starts to fade as yellow starts showing. You will notice it first across the tips of the dorsal fin.

Attachments

• image-33459209.jpg
    image-33459209.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 112
The blue one you have is a female this is true but i have got a pair from a guy that breeds them and they get this purple tint to them when they change. When my lights come on i will snap a picture and show you mine.

Not a male kenyi for sure. Hes almost 6 inches a kenyi would have turned all yellow by now. He is very mild tempered too

Cichlid-dude said:
Anyone else with any idea?
Melanochromis or Pseudotropheus Complex for sure I just can't narrow it down what exact species yet I'm looking in my cichlid master index now it may take me a bit. I'm leaning towards pseud family.

Discusapisto said:
Melanochromis or Pseudotropheus Complex for sure I just can't narrow it down what exact species yet I'm looking in my cichlid master index now it may take me a bit. I'm leaning towards pseud family.

Do you mean like an Acei?

Back
Top Bottom