Idd this cichlid please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamingdragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have now Idd what cichlid this is

image-3535504035.jpg

Attachments

• image-1518029083.jpg
    image-1518029083.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 209
My guess is a vieja species or vieja hybrid, as it appears to have coloring similar to a red headed cichlid (vieja synspillium) but obviously lacks the red head. It is massively deformed, which occurs either in hybridization, rare genetic traits, or poor water quality during the breeding/hatching/raising. I'm sure HUKIT or 5x5 will be able to be more specific, but that's my guess

He got beat up by red belly pacu that buy the way moved to a 1500 gallon tank. He just got picked up. I,m happy about that. I had this cichlid yesterday with the tank. . Just was wondering what cichlid it was. This guy had bad water quality.

I'm just throwing it out there... Kinda looks like a beat up deformed chocolate cichlid, don't know the scientific name sorry!

Attachments

• image-1232144499.jpg
    image-1232144499.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 176
I know what cichlid you mean. I have to wait a copple off days. Till he shows his collar

I can see that there is a jack dempsey crossbreed red devil. But he has more jd in it, odd

It's a jack dempsey cross breed with a flowerhorn. And has the collar off a jack dempsey. The guy had 2 jack dempsey and flower horn in that tank with a red devil. So I looked it up and it comes close to it.

I at least got the hybrid part right lol that and the poor water quality are the reasons its so deformed though

You had to see the tank. Ugly gravel he had beer bottles in there. Broken glass tomato bobby pins. The bodem was covert in so much dirt I bet he did not clean that tank for years. You could see the dirt on top of the gravel. Then he had 2 red belly pacu in there 2 jack dempsey a flowehorn. Red devil. And 2 jags. The red belly pacu was already 30 inch. And a bala shark end a other shark. I have sold these fish right away. They were in bad condition. The highbird got nipt his tale half way off. It was a big mess. So now I, have drain the tank. And going to clean it. A lot of calcium on the glass and green algee. No brace in de middle. I,m going to put a new seal and a new brace in. And a little work on the stand its a little bit wobbly. So it needs a back panle. And ordering already a led light hood. So I have some work to do. But It was 300$ that I payed for it got 450 back for the fish I sold. Great deal. Lol. I,m going to put my Africans in there but it's far from ready. And when everything is ready I have to cycle the tank. I will post the project.

I'd look into resealing the tank too, that's an awfully big tank to gamble with, I'd hate to have that much water on my floor lol

Freakgecko91 said:
I at least got the hybrid part right lol that and the poor water quality are the reasons its so deformed though

That thing sure looks rough to me. I agree it's a hybrid and a pretty lousy looking one at that.

I don't really see the chocolate Cichlid comparison mentioned above, but it does look to be part flowerhorn.

You had to see the tank. Ugly gravel he had beer bottles in there. Broken glass tomato bobby pins. The bodem was covert in so much dirt I bet he did not clean that tank for years. You could see the dirt on top of the gravel. Then he had 2 red belly pacu in there 2 jack dempsey a flowehorn. Red devil. And 2 jags. The red belly pacu was already 30 inch. And a bala shark end a other shark. I have sold these fish right away. They were in bad condition. The highbird got nipt his tale half way off. It was a big mess. So now I, have drain the tank. And going to clean it. A lot of calcium on the glass and green algee. No brace in de middle. I,m going to put a new seal and a new brace in. And a little work on the stand its a little bit wobbly. So it needs a back panle. And ordering already a led light hood. So I have some work to do. But It was 300$ that I payed for it got 450 back for the fish I sold. Great deal. Lol. I,m going to put my Africans in there but it's far from ready. And when everything is ready I have to cycle the tank. I will post the project.

That's a big clean up!!. If it has been poorly maintained check to make sure that the seals aren't corroded and consider doing a reseal. Sounds like a big tank would want that to leak.... If the stand is wobbly, have you considered building a stand? I think it cost me about $50 on materials to build the stand for my 115 gallon I'm setting up.

image-1585225325.jpg

It's a 150 gallon the first pic when I just got home with the fish the second pic I just put new seal work and a brace in there

image-2351021942.jpg

Attachments

• image-1976926673.jpg
    image-1976926673.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 91
It's a 150 gallon the first pic when I just got home with the fish the second pic I just put new seal work and a brace in there

Good move resealing.I have a 143g and I'd hate it to ever break and burst.That amount of water would ruin the floor never mind the clean up time.Cant wait to see the finished product :)

Yhea. I would not like it to see that tank crack. So it's for the long run better

It's a good thing you've gotten them out of that tank for now, they really don't look happy in there hey. Really surprised that there was no centre brace for a tank that long... Even my 3footer has a centre brace.... Definitely a good call on getting the seal done, that's a lot of water to leak out onto your floor

Back
Top Bottom