Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torres

Aquarium Advice Freak
i know its an african, but thats it lol
ucgr.jpg

i1d7.jpg

and why the hex hes keep trying to jump/sticking his head out of the water
just got the fish now and this stress signal is new for me:(

thanks!!!

Did you acclimate the fish to your water when you put it in, if so how long did you do it for?

Are your parameters good?

What is the pH of the tank you have and of the tank it came from, sometimes it is much different and that is a big shock for the fish. I am not a cichlid expert but often they are in very high pH.

Did you acclimate the fish to your water when you put it in, if so how long did you do it for?

Are your parameters good?

What is the pH of the tank you have and of the tank it came from, sometimes it is much different and that is a big shock for the fish. I am not a cichlid expert but often they are in very high pH.
i did acclimation for around 15 min, both waters seemed to be in the same temperature.
All my parameters are fine, in fact my ph has always been high, around or above 8 and the fish was like that coming over to my house too, the old owner said it was jumping out of the bucket.
thanks

And appears to be some sort of Malawian hap

if it is an parasite what can i do?
really hate to see a fish that big doing that, I also had in my mind its a malawi, an eletric blue maybe, but hes really big, never thought they would get to this size

I know there's certain medications, but I'm not positive on which ones, I'll let some more experienced members chime in

It does look like something from the genus Nimbochromis, but it's hard to tell by the pics

np thanks anyway
ill get better pics soon, in fact ive seen fish of this kind that big, just couldn't remember

Right, better pics a video to show how the fish is acting and water parameters.

Ammonia : 0
pH: 8
Nitrate: 20
Nitrite: 0

dhui.jpg

d2u7.jpg

o21c.jpg

cexc.jpg

v7pu.jpg

Fish only went down because i picked him up for the picture.

Fish acting strange - YouTube

Ya keep an eye on him, I've lost a blue ahli before, showed weird symptoms like that. If it is internal parasites I used parasite guard I believe, by tetra. Forgot exactly how I did it. Private message hukit, he will explain it to you.

Ya keep an eye on him, I've lost a blue ahli before, showed weird symptoms like that. If it is internal parasites I used parasite guard I believe, by tetra. Forgot exactly how I did it. Private message hukit, he will explain it to you.
just did, thanks:)

Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus. Quite possibly internal parasites, as mentioned. Not knowing if the infection is due to microbes or larger parasites, I'd start with metronidazole as that should clobber gram positive bacteria or worms.

WYite

Nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus. Quite possibly internal parasites, as mentioned. Not knowing if the infection is due to microbes or larger parasites, I'd start with metronidazole as that should clobber gram positive bacteria or worms.

WYite
I agree with that ID, nice call WYlite

WYite

Thanks, thats exactly the fish, same for the internal parasites.
Dont know what to do as im really busy atm and cant buy nothing online atm either :facepalm:
i tried some aquarium salt and ill hit a LFS tomorrow if i can

by the way if you guys know any medication that i can get at a fish store. Thanks

If the fish is still alive, get a ten gallon tank (save you money in medicating) and use water from the main tank to fill it. Put ur fish in it (no need to acclimate). Make sure you have a filter running and/or water surface tension for oxygen. Watch and observe.. Medicate ofc..

already got some stuff here and started to treat him, gotta wait and see whats gonna happen now

Back
Top Bottom