Identification of this cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mashew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Identification.

I purchased this guy as a Taiwanee Reef cichlid. But comparing this guy to others his size (abt 3",4") on the internet he looks a lot different. The ones I've seen have more red on the lower fins. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395263917.269319.jpg any ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395263554.742701.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395263586.784347.jpg

I would say it is an Aulenocara baenshi or Sunshine peacock, but I don't know much about the peacocks ;).

The undu reef jacobfriebergi has a more waved out top fin that is solid yellow typically not whit or blue tipped

Looks more orange than yellow to me at least based on those pics. Baenshi are more of a yellow color

Is there a blue or yellow sheen of color towards the tail? If it's blue it's and undu reef if it's yellow it's a sunshine

Could be a German red. It's takes them awhile to get the real red color on there body til they get older and they always have that blue head

It's yellow at the end of the tail! Thankyou guys so much! Now that I've looked at other sunshines on google yeah it definitely looks like a sunny. Hopefully They are priced around the same cause I paid over $20 a piece. This guy is with two other hopefully females. I'm hoping to start breeding this guy

Yeah I would say he is probably a sunshine he looks a lot like mine. $20 is not too bad I think I only paid $8 but he was a little smaller and not as colorful when I got him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395281648.610876.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395281663.239831.jpg

Well he was 3" and had not as much color but quite a bit when I got him. it's a lot cheaper then getting them online.

That's good to know because I have a little one looking the same was unsure

Sent from my SM-N900T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom