I'm not sure these fish are what the Ifs said they are.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrscbennett

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was told the first one is a Gymno Geophagus Braziliensis, and the second one a Cichlosoma Multisplinosa.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409352276.583015.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409352297.932406.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How small is the fish on the right? It really doesn't look like Archocentrus multispinosus to me. It almost looks an Aequidens Pulcher at a glance. I would want to better understand size though.

Omg there both beautiful I have no clue what they are but I'll be waiting to hear.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Has the right fish coloration changed as it has settled in?

Can you get a side pick of the fish on the left?

1st one looks correct Second looks like a blue acara but something is not right. May be the lighting.

They just look very juvenile, especially the one on the right.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Geophagus (no gymno) braziliensis (pearl earth eater) and aequidens puncher (blue acara). Just a heads up, braziliensis get quite large and are pretty aggressive. Very different from the surinamensis-type geophagus like altifrons, abalios, pindare, etc

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I agree with the others, it is probably a blue acara.

The geo pics show a lot of red color in the fins. If it stays like that and gets more intense, so it could actually be sp. Bahia red, mine came in as brasiliensis when I had them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1st ID is correct it is Juvie Geo Brazil. Second is Pulcher (Blue Acara).

Your lighting is bringing out amazing colors on these what types of lights are you using?

I have the first fish...that's definitely a German Blue Ram. Beautiful! Can't help you with the other one though.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the first fish...that's definitely a German Blue Ram. Beautiful! Can't help you with the other one though.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Na not a ram but the markings are similar That is def a Geophagus and not a Mikrogeophagus ramirezi

Ok ok...I see the difference now that I looked at the other pics enlarged. Oops...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom