Interested in Kribensis, few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a lone male in a 10 gallon along with a Black Skirt Tetra, Red Eye Tetra, Madagascar Rainbow, and a small school of Harlequin Rasboras.
Note that the krib was the only fish that hung out in the lower strata of the tank - he was occasionally aggressive to anyone who swam into his plastic log. Other than that he was a joy to observe for the five years I had him.

Oh okay. Wasn't the 10 gallon also small for those fish? I really don't know I'm just asking.

Oh okay. Wasn't the 10 gallon also small for those fish? I really don't know I'm just asking.

Most would say yes, but my experience has been that as long as the fishkeeper is diligent in feeding (i.e. not overfeeding) keeping up with his/her water changes, and not over-stocking tank size isn't that big an issue.
But keep in mind that idea drastically changes when keeping a fish that is far too lively or will grow to be so big it can barely turn around in its tank.

I have a lone krib in a 20g, it's yet to be sexed, check my thread out if anyone thinks they can help =P

Anyhow, it's very docile, likes to hide in the cave and the plants but isn't afraid to wander out and swim up high. It's with a powder blue, 4 black widow tetras, a Pleco and a shark, the only banter is between the gourami and the tetras, so probably depends on personality, but they deffo get aggressive when breeding so maybe a single would be best in your 30g

Hmm well I'm thinking if upgrading to a 70 gallon so I'll wait and maybe I can get a couple more.

How about Bolivian rams are they peaceful fish?

Back
Top Bottom