Introducing new cichlids to a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well for the lot that's really good and may have to try and order some online tank accessories are so expensive over here

Well for the lot that's really good and may have to try and order some online tank accessories are so expensive over here

I got all this for $15 it's 185lbs of bedrock and looks great in the tank, I maybe used 80lbs of it in my tank an I had enough for my 30g and my 10g

Attachments

• image-1942508740.jpg
    image-1942508740.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 62
  • image-4207861294.jpg
    image-4207861294.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 65
It looks great big tex but over here it would cost me an absolute fortune to do something like that. Real rocks are expensive from local DIY shops even more so from lfs

It looks great big tex but over here it would cost me an absolute fortune to do something like that. Real rocks are expensive from local DIY shops even more so from lfs

No no no, I went to a landscaping place, they sell it by the pound, it was $0.12/lb I got charged for 100lbs because the loader operator was a fish enthusiast as well he even threw in a few flat breeding slate stones.

You have to remember I'm in the UK everything is more expensive over here

You have to remember I'm in the UK everything is more expensive over here

Go chip some off of Stonehenge ;)

Seriously though, you should have a landscaping supply somewhere around there. If not, a local stream/river/lake? You can find your own, just be sure to clean them well before putting them into the tank.

Go chip some off of Stonehenge ;)

Seriously though, you should have a landscaping supply somewhere around there. If not, a local stream/river/lake? You can find your own, just be sure to clean them well before putting them into the tank.

x2 landscaping can't be that much more, and if you find natural rocks out if a stream or lake, fill up a bucket with freshwater tap and soak em, pull em out and scrub em down with a hard bristled brush, rinse then with freshwater, and set em aside to dry.

May have to go and find some thanks for advice

Just to show you what I mean about how expensive things are here those cichlid rocks I've just had a look on a US website there $3.49 each over here on a UK website it works out to at $14.00

I always recommend boiling the rocks before I put them into a tank. Boil them, let them cool off and then rinse and scrub them. Can't go wrong.

Just to show you what I mean about how expensive things are here those cichlid rocks I've just had a look on a US website there $3.49 each over here on a UK website it works out to at $14.00

Wow, my low pricing might be from me living about 10mi from the rio grande lol

I wouldn't suggest boiling any rocks, they can explode..with lethal force. rinse them off and they are generally good to go. can test with vinegar to see if they fizz, if they do then don't put them in the tank. A diluted bleach solution can also be used but be sure to rinse thoroughly before introducing back to tank.

fire mouths are central american :p

Back
Top Bottom