Intruiged by Lamprologus multifasciatus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats going to be some happy Multis! That looks great and the rock will give the fry a lot of places to hide. Good job!

I'm going to wait until late September to get them :) I'm checking my other LFS which I haven't visited in ages. I heard they sell seahorses and the more uncommon things. So maybe they'll sell multis!

My fish arrived. I got 7 but the sad thing is, 5 got out of their little plastic bags while acclimating. Will they be okay?

They should be ok as long as there wasn't a big difference in temp and pH from the bags they came in to your tank water. Watch them for a few days and see how they are doing. Cograts on the Multi's, I have a colony, great little fish!

They should be ok as long as there wasn't a big difference in temp and pH from the bags they came in to your tank water. Watch them for a few days and see how they are doing. Cograts on the Multi's, I have a colony, great little fish!

Nah I don't think there was. Mine have all separated though. Like 3 are staying in the middle, one by the filter flow, then another 2 by the sponge filter. Not sure where the other one is.

I think they will be alright. A guy I know once told me how he acclimates his fish. He matches temperature and then just tosses them in the new tank. He imports wild fish and says he has more success doing this then drip acclimating

There's one which is a little smaller than the others, and looks like it has a large head. I can't work out weather it's deformed or not... :3

Nice, I'm getting my Shellie fry Monday or Tuesday, but I opted for the bigger brevis ruziba rather than multis. I'd love to see some pics!

They've already started covering their shells in sand. So it begins... I'll get pictures in the morning for you!

Sounds like they are making themselves at home! Not sure what could be up with the small one with the big head, make sure it gets it's share of food. My female picked out the best place in the tank, right in the middle and has three shells she protects, the fry hide out in all three shells, smart mama.

Over the last few days, two males have moved over to the right side of the tank where the two strongest females are. They've accepted all food given to them. Going well.

Over the last few days, two males have moved over to the right side of the tank where the two strongest females are. They've accepted all food given to them. Going well.

Awesome! I just got my brevis today, they're acclimating. What are you feeding them?

Awesome! I just got my brevis today, they're acclimating. What are you feeding them?

Make sure to get pictures! Um: hikari micro pellets, frozen mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp and lake tangyankia? (spelling) flakes.

Make sure to get pictures! Um: hikari micro pellets, frozen mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp and lake tangyankia? (spelling) flakes.

I sure will once they're in the tank :)
That sounds like a very good diet, I'll be feeding NLS micro pellets, some blend of flakes they came with, and hikari algae wafers. No frozen/live food for me just yet haha.

Here's some pics, they're out and about already.

Attachments

• image-775037790.jpg
    image-775037790.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4161772760.jpg
    image-4161772760.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 74
So fun! I love shellies. I have both caudopunks and l. Meleagris in my tank.

Thecommunitycichlid, where do you get 5/$25 pearlies? I have three but I think they're all males, and I was hoping for some spawning action.

Two of mine have been sticking together for the last two days. (male and female) is this a good sign for potential fry?

Back
Top Bottom