Invertibrates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CathyH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
CAn I keep a cray fish with mbuna cichlids? So far, I have one fish chasing everyone around, but we will add more fish this weekend. I have 7 now. Thanks!

CathyH said:
CAn I keep a cray fish with mbuna cichlids? So far, I have one fish chasing everyone around, but we will add more fish this weekend. I have 7 now. Thanks!

Back in the day I had 2 with my convicts. They didn't last... Maybe 2-3 weeks tops. Not sure if they starved or where attacked. Bottom line is they were torn up and pieces everywhere. Don't know if they were already dead then attacked.

I have seen them at the LFS however in tank with various Cichlid's. Then again that doesn't mean anything.

I had three crays in with my mbunas and they were dead in a week. The mbuna tore them up all that was left were their shells.

Ive tried that sooo many times... I think most cichlids in general are too agressive for it, craws can hole their own until the molt. U need extremly complex hiding spots for it to even have a chance. As far as animals like crawfish being kept with mbuna is generally a bad idea. Although there is something called a malawi crab... Its full aquatic does not require land to survive, I dont know a lot about them but it might be worth researching.... What i do kno is that they arent cheap, and can be hard to come by dependent on your lfs

Back
Top Bottom