Is Massivore Worth it for my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is it worthwhile to drop $45 on a bag of Massivore for my fish, or should i stick to Hikari Cichlid Gold Sinking Pellets?

Issue is: fish get bigger (duh) and i have to feed more and more of the small pellets. They also miss a few, which is more bioload.

Is there any health benefits to one or the other.

Fish are quite big enough for Massivore yet, but im planning ahead lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Im looking for larger pellets... I mean, Massivore is something close to 1/5 of an inch in diameter maybe? Maybe 1/6 is more accurate? Its big.

The tiny pellets are already starting to become a bit of an issue...

If you remind me tomorrow I'll take a pic of the massivore tabs. I feed them to my plecos of the hypancistrus variety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This bag was $30 but I was in a pinch.

Attachments

• 1449901254341.jpg
    1449901254341.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1449901267231.jpg
    1449901267231.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 58
This bag was $30 but I was in a pinch.

This is the bag I have..

On Amazon it's a bit less..

Hikari Usa Inc AHK22036 Massivore Delite 13.4-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000RFPRJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_sl8AwbSZ1XF64

In 6 months with a Jack Dempsey she only ate 1-2 pellets a day. And if you feed a variety that's even less. The bag lasts much longer than you think it does. I still have over half the bag since I bought it in February.

Caleb

Hikari also makes Carnivore, which is the nearly identical with the only major difference is Massivore is for larger specimens. What fish are you feeding?

Jesse

This would be for CA/CA cichlids.

I am still trying to find fish i like (based one personality... I like fish that are interactive. My Texas is the only one so far to have shown it) but anything i have will be big enough to eat these.

So is the nutrition in them good enough to warrant buying it? And it should last a while, right?

Massivore/carnivore are targeted towards more strict meat eaters or fish coming off live food. I would still feed a varied diet. Lots of stuff factors into fish growth more than food. Lineage/genetics, water quality, etc. As far as fish interaction goes, what exactly are you looking for? Solo fish that'll splash everything with water or try to bite you at feeding time? Something that follows you around the tank? Something that will play with your hand and fingers?

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom