is she holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You definately need more females or he will harass her constantly.Holding or not and that can be very stressful for her.I always have at least one female holding but I have a good M/F ratio (1:4 or 5) so a holding female can get some privacy if she wants.

garfy said:
Nothing to worry about.They hold for up to 30 days without eating and I haven't lost a female yet.After 30 days she will spit and then start eating again.
This is why the females stay smaller in early life because their eating is disrupted.

Oh wow that is really interesting! Thank you :)

garfy said:
You definately need more females or he will harass her constantly.Holding or not and that can be very stressful for her.I always have at least one female holding but I have a good M/F ratio (1:4 or 5) so a holding female can get some privacy if she wants.

I figured! I'm actually about to go right now to see if they have them still. Hopefully if they do they will be of sexable sizes :D

Thanks so much!

My pleasure.Its tough to sex labs when they're young so it can be a bit hit and miss.But you can always return any unwanted males and keep going until you get the right mix.

garfy said:
My pleasure.Its tough to sex labs when they're young so it can be a bit hit and miss.But you can always return any unwanted males and keep going until you get the right mix.

Well my new mama is cynotilapia afra ;) same thing though when they all display female colors in petstore tanks!

Back
Top Bottom