Is there any South American Cichlids that can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmanbrady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Go in an African Cichlid tank, and do well? Im thinking of putting one in a tank of Peacocks and Haps, I heard the Convict Cichlid would work.

Go in an African Cichlid tank, and do well? Im thinking of putting one in a tank of Peacocks and Haps, I heard the Convict Cichlid would work.

I have heard of many people trying it but in the long run it hardly ever ends well. It's just common practice not to mix old and new world cichlids. With the hundreds of species of Africans, I would suggest finding one that better suits your tank and tank mates.

Convicts are Central American.....

Some people mix lakes and continents with varying results. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Convicts are WAY to aggressive... From my experience, they can be quite nasty for there size. I have seen electric blue JD's work because they are less agressive, and my appinion better looking. But usually i would just keep ac with ac and sa with sa, because you might loose some fish, hope this helped!

I can add from experience, I have Mbuna, peacocks, tropheus and a few others. They fine now, but weren't in the beginning and middle.

Not even sure how there all doing well now. I agree with the above. It's kinda hard with me saying it. It's like do what I say not as I do... But it was a bumpy road I wish on no one.

I agree with convict.. i stayed with african cichlids but i mixed lakes .. well so far i have made it work but it has cost me lots of time and money bc not even 4mths of having my tank setup i had to upgrade to a 6ft long tank to help remove aggression issues and im not in the clear yet as i still have juvies

Back
Top Bottom