Is this a bolivan ram or blue ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evan20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is this a bolivian ram or blue ram

Attachments

• image-1564782590.jpg
    image-1564782590.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 142
His body is really long for either kind of ram. Need a profile pix.

The one on the top is a rainbowfish. I bought the ram and it said it was a blue ram, but its not blue. It changing red and blue though?

Evan, please post of picture of your RAM. Post a photo of your rainbow fish is not helping here.

It is a mikrogeophagus ramirezi, a "blue ram" if you will. NOT a Bolivian, NOT an apisto ( although rams once were classified under apistogramma)

Oops, didn't see the little guy under the rainbow. At first I thought he is a Bolivian because the lack of color, bit it's shape is more like a gbr and the pink belly could mean it's a female. Need more photos. If you just placed in your tank, the fish should come up in a few days. Gbr's are sensitive to dirty water and like higher temps 80. The min. For these fish is 50% water changes weekly

Some breeders pump steroids or testosterone into baby rams, to give them bright mature colors at a young age. Not good for the fish, obviously.

I've had this particular ram for almost 6 months and this is the most color I've seen him have. Even since the day I bought him.

I've had this particular ram for almost 6 months and this is the most color I've seen him have. Even since the day I bought him.

Well than it doesn't sound like yours was one of them, I was just saying in some cases.

Your fish is lovely. I wouldn't change a thing. Be careful about introducing another GBR in the tank. They can fight like crazy (mine did) and the one that is bullied will certainly die.

Your fish is lovely. I wouldn't change a thing. Be careful about introducing another GBR in the tank. They can fight like crazy (mine did) and the one that is bullied will certainly die.

Thank you! I happened to get that picture today actually. Now if I could manage to get a female and have them breed I would be one happy girl!

Here is my 2 rams. They were both doing the lady in the tramp with the worm.

Attachments

• image-1699523730.jpg
    image-1699523730.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 77
I have a ram similar to those. I was thinking mine was some sort of German/Bolivian hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom