is this a pair of RAMS or 2 females??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
hmm...I really can not conclude...The truth is that they do not fight, they go together many times...so they are not two males...

Attachments

• im000961_421.jpg
    im000961_421.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 66
the one on the right is clearly a female. and from this picture the one on the left also looks like a female but we would need individual pictures of each fish to properly identify.

I am thinking both females. Are both red in the stomach area? From the photograph, it appears they are. If yes, then they are both female.

One of them is a bit less, or even sometimes I doubt..But...the truth is that it is has a red area at many moments and it also has shiny spots inside the black spot...so...probably 2 females...can I just add one male??

I say that they are def. two females. You can add one male, but keep and eye on them. When he picks the one he wants to pair up with, the couple might harass the third-wheel female. It happened in my 55. I started with a trio, the male chose his lady, and the couple pestered the extra female quite a bit. I ended up moving her into my 29 before they stressed her too much. My couple has since spawned 4 times with 2 of those spawns hatching successfully. I now have tons of ram fry in a 10 gal growout tank. Good luck!!

did u get any better picture of them individually? i also think they are females but it is alwasy good to make sure. i think u should get a male and try to breed them. it would be a fun experiment and u could sell them back to your LFS to help support your habbit... sorry i mean hobby :)

Back
Top Bottom