Is this actually a kribensis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy monkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got 2 kribs a few months ago, the smaller one died after being bullied but the other one is doing fine, very active, mingles with the other fish (7 congo tetras and a bn pleco). He eats well and seems perfectly healthy, but he's never been very colourful. He has the black stripe, and kind of orange spots on the tips of his fins in the right light, but only has a red belly when he's feeding.

I know females are more colourful but looking at pictures it seems he should be more colourful than this. Should I be concerned? I'm planning on introducing a female tomorrow.

image-234009564.jpg

It looks like a male kribensis. How big is the tank and do you some hiding places for the female to seek shelter? Have you thought about a couple of females?

It looks like a male kribensis. How big is the tank and do you some hiding places for the female to seek shelter? Have you thought about a couple of females?

It's a 43 gallon bowfront. Lots of plants and a few caves/hiding spots. Will he colour up more if I add females or is it just normal colouring? I can get 2 if that's a better number

He will color up more with maturity and a female wont hurt. Females are defiantly ore beautiful but male body shape and fins are awesome

that looks to be a female with that rounded tail. i learned that if you get two females and one male that when the male chooses his mate the other female will be diregarded and bullied.

Bought one female, was a little nervous when I added her in case they didn't get on but it was so sweet! As soon as they met he seemed to take her around the tank for a tour, and not long after that they shacked up together in one of the caves, they sure make their moves fast! :-D

Bought one female, was a little nervous when I added her in case they didn't get on but it was so sweet! As soon as they met he seemed to take her around the tank for a tour, and not long after that they shacked up together in one of the caves, they sure make their moves fast! :-D

Yes they do ;)

Back
Top Bottom