Is this natural colouring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowfire

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought some young angelfish in lfs today thinking they were really unusual looking because of the pink colouring in their fins. While they were floating in their bag the pink completely faded but came back once the had a couple of hours to settle in. I've done a search on google to see if I can find pictures of adult angels with this colouring but found nothing. I'm worried they may be artificially dyed although would artificial dye fade under stress? Are they just 'special'?

Attachments

• image-2626833580.jpg
    image-2626833580.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 80
They aren't dyed, just selectively bred for colors and patterns. Look at fancy guppies, your angelfish is mild compared to the difference between wild and domestic guppies these days. I really like the smaller spotted one, would have brought them home myself.

Phew, I'm so glad they're not dyed! The spotty one was being very naughty in lfs tank chasing the other tiny angels as well as a couple of much larger gouramis!! He is very pretty though so I decided he needed to be rescued from his frustratingly small tank :)

If you think he's cute, what about this one? He has one blue eye & one orange like a collie dog with different coloured eyes & one floppy ear... I'm a sucker for a cute puppy! (yes I know it's a fish)

Attachments

• image-2385510940.jpg
    image-2385510940.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3229284858.jpg
    image-3229284858.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 81
Aww, he looks like the one baby I raised from my angel pair. Too cute!

Those angels are all amazing! I agree that it looks like they were bred for that color. The spotty one in the first picture is wonderful! I have no doubt it will be stunning as it grows up. Great purchase!

Thanks everyone, they are really cute :) I keep losing them in the plants at the mo, they seem so tiny! I'm sure they'll soon grow though as all cute baby animals do... Hopefully they'll look even better as big fish and will make the tank look less empty!

Back
Top Bottom