It's personal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a heavily stocked 55 gallon with Malawis and Tangs. They all live in harmony except for a little bit of posturing, a chase here and there.
I have what I think is a zebra that's gone a powder blue color being constantly followed and attacked by a brichardi half his size! Sometimes the brichardi will launch from one side of the tank to the other, full force, at this fish!
What could be causing this? The brichardi pretty much doesn't allow the zebra to go anywhere, and although the zebra isn't taking any bites, I think its starting to stress him. It seems like pure hate.
They were fine before I got the tank, apparently, and for over a week since.

You might try doing a little bit of rearranging in the tank and leave the lights off for a day. Those brichardi are nasty little fish. This is a prime example of why it is recommended to keep malawis with malawis and tangs with tangs.

mfdrookie516 said:
You might try doing a little bit of rearranging in the tank and leave the lights off for a day. Those brichardi are nasty little fish. This is a prime example of why it is recommended to keep malawis with malawis and tangs with tangs.

Yeah. Bought the tank stocked from a Craigslist listing. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom