I've got shellie fry! Woot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
My first shellie fry. Had my Occellatus Gold for about a year now. Got them when they were little guys. Just seen fry yesterday. I noticed she was guarding a shell pretty intense. No pics yet. They are soooo tiny! Sucks I got a some green spot on my glass right in front of the shell and I'll never get it wiped off for a clear pic cause she'll bite my hand off. She's chasing everyone away pretty intensely. Good momma. Anyway, happy dance! :dance:

Awesome! I remember when you set the tank up! Nice job,

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! So far I got Xeno Ochrogenys fry, Melanogenys fry, Callochromis fry, and now shellie fry! The only ones I'm waiting on are the cyps. 2 females have held about 4 times now, but only for a day or two before I wake up in the morning and.... nuttin. Egg all gone. Still, I am so excited about the shellie fry! Thanks for all your input when I was setting up the tank. I remember, too. :)

Awesome have you had to put your hand in the tank during maintenance since the fry hatched? Occies are surprising aggressive in defending their offspring. I'll see if I still have the video of the ones I had trying to kill my hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome !!! I don't know if they are the same as multis but when I had them the fry seemed to take for ever to grow.

Multies do take forever for such small fish! Completely agreed! Probably cause they're not exactly easy to power feed or separate from the colony

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a long waiting list for xeno ochro ndole bay fry. I can add you to list if you want. Same for melano enantiopus. My callochromis stappersii are all currently pending sale already. I'll take the advise on the holding food for cyps. I have micro caramba. They are gorgeous and I am impatiently waiting on them.

I have already done a water change since seeing occie fry. I was even able to clean the tank glass when mom went into the shell. Dad is more of the tank army general in my tank and i have to watch out for him. His attack makes me miss some spots. Sometimes i like to show them who is boss and scoop them up when they bite me and hold them in a net or breeder box until I'm done cleaning.

I managed to get one half way decent pic of a fry that I'll post in a few. Hard to photograph the tiny buggers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Will do.

Here is a pic of a fry.

77805-albums12169-picture66986.jpg

Couple more I got. She wasn't sure about me taking pictures and covered the shell opening. Their heads look like grains of sand. It's hard to spot them.

77805-albums12169-picture66989.jpg

77805-albums12169-picture66987.jpg

77805-albums12169-picture66988.jpg

77805-albums12169-picture66990.jpg

Back
Top Bottom