Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Jack Dempsey 55g tankmates

Hi, so I posted this question in the gen. discussion because I forgot there was a cichlid section, but here it is:

What can go with a jack dempsey in a 55 gallon?

I know a lot of people keep green terrors with them, but I have a feeling that would be a little bit cramped.

Absolutely anything you can think of that would go with it in that sized tank. Frogs, dojo loaches, catfish, another cichlid. Absolutely any aquatic being, just shoot it my way

Old 07-31-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, if you can sex it, then add a convict of the same gender if you don't want babies. Convicts are the closest you are gonna get to cockroaches of aquariums, except Bichirs. Which can actually be raised on land in moist environments (my next tank will be to make a terrestrial Bichir tank!)

So i would say the Convict, a type of catfish (Rapheal, Syno), Giant Danios, Tiger Barbs, Swordtails.

Only "dithers" or very hardy fish can survive. And bottom feeders should be alright as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Tags
ate, jack dempsey, mate, tan, tank, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com