Jack Dempsey and Managuense sharing a cave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhetor

Aquarium Advice Activist
When i first put a 9" managuense in my tank i thought it would be a bit too agressive, only to find the 7" Jack dempsey liked to beat on him. Jack really hates that jaguar cichlid for some reason.

Anyhow, i go back to school for about 3 weeks, and when i come back i find that jack and the jaguar share a cave together. they just sit on the gravel next to eachother guarding the cave. sometimes jack shows him his teeth and pushes him out of the way, but thats about it. these fish are weird. the jaguar is really lazy too, he likes to just sit on the gravel until something interesting happens in the tank, then he'll come out and check it out.

My Jack is like that with my larger Oscar. I actually put Jack in there because Oscar had killed his 3 previous roomates (all oscars). Jack no sits in front of the flower pot, which they occasionally share, and chases Oscar around (and occasionally smacks face first into the glass. . .I don't think any of my fish in that tank are too sharp).

Back
Top Bottom