Jack dempsey Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipmikeskater3

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a female Jack Dempsey and put it in my with my male JD hoping the would breed and they started getting all frisky looking like they were doing 69 or something swimming in circles, never bred fish before so don't know what to look for. Also after they did that they started lip locking for a long time.
Is all of that normal?
Any body bred them and have suggestions?
How territorial do they get after spawning?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-1961551012.jpg
    image-1961551012.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 84
I've never breed these but I know someone that has.

Think you might have your hands full from what he said, about his experience with these fish.
Firstly you gonna need a separate tank to grow your fry out, so look in to that.

Secondly there is a high chance that they will at some point Tare each other apart. Even after breeding they don't always get on, so separate tank for each of them may be required, and just put them together when you want them to breed keeping a close eye on aggression.

Someone might have more info or better experiences to report.

But good luck

Yeah I have a ten gallon to put the fry in when they are real tiny then up grade then as they grow.
But the male and female jacks are not even bothering each other they just keep to there selves so idk what will happen just wait and see

Back
Top Bottom