Jack Dempsey eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njweiss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello! This is my first expierence with eggs, i didnt plan to breed my them but they did it on thier own lol but I have a 125 gal tank and i noticed yesterday that my JDs spawned so i bought them a new 30gal and put them and thier eggs in there with water from the big tank. They are being great parents, the only problem i think im having is that there are a few eggs that have turned white and she hasnt removed them, is this going to be an issue? The rest of the eggs are fertilized and i can see a bit of black in them so they are still doing good, but i think the fungus might be spreading, what can i do to help them?

this is from lastnight

297716_10150421269891488_594706487_10755327_163660983_n.jpg

this is now
308822_10150421785841488_594706487_10758128_622016879_n.jpg

you can see that some of the eggs are white now and i think im paranoid but i feel like every time i look in the tank there are more eggs that are white

please help!

If she doesn't remove them, I'd do it myself, so that it doesn't spread :)

how do i remove them? and ps sorry for posting in this forum i didnt see the breeding one in my panic to post before all of my baby eggs die hahah

That's fantastic :) wow you have a lot of fry.I guess most should survive being they have their own tank.What are you thinking of doing with them?

Thanks!! yea there is alot of them in there! this is the first time they have spawned too! i have no idea lol i was totally unpreparred for this, were going to gave a few to friends, maybe put them on craigslist.... maybe feed soem to the other fish? i have no idea

Back
Top Bottom