Jack dempsey electric blue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sid Fishcious

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey y'all I have a JD about 2 months old about 4 inches long and has a light blue tint on its cheeks and top fins is this an electric blue fish or is spotting common? I only have a 10 gallon tank at the moment when is essential time to move it over?

With put pics it hard to say what type. The EBJD's are like a sky blue'ish. Why the normal jd's are a dark blue/black.

As far as tank size it Will need a minimum of a 55g. If you are Un able to upgrade tank size for it I would recommend rehoming it now. As it should also be moved to a bigger tank, now.

most likely just a regular JD. an electric blue even web small is all blue. this is my juvenile see if it looks alike:

image-2220509811.jpg

See I keep hearing and reading 40 gallon is more than enough for these types of fish and it does look similar but not as colorful as ur fish mainly the checks and top fin have cool hints of blue on them

Yes mine looks very similar to urs!! Good I called him Sid fichious I'm glad I don't have to change its name lol

Back
Top Bottom