Jack Dempsey Pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlids4ever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a nice sized female jack dempsey about 5-6 inches and theres this nice big male at the store he's like 7-8 inches i would love to have them together but my question is would they fight ? they would be in a 60gallon with plenty of space ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391724872.595402.jpg

At first they will fight there is no way around that. But you could always try I would pick him up and give it 2-4 days and see if he or she accepts one another if the fighting gets to intense fake him back.

Not a problem! I hope he and she accept each other breeding Dempseys is a great time and they will entertain the heck out of you!

Oh i bet lol hope it all works out though. Id keep a few fry and sell the rest for a dollar each

Looks like you have just her in the tank so that has been her domain for a while you are going to want to rearrange the tank, I would completely rescape the tank. turn the lights off in the tank and you might have better luck.

Looks like you have just her in the tank so that has been her domain for a while you are going to want to rearrange the tank, I would completely rescape the tank. turn the lights off in the tank and you might have better luck.

Agree with this if you rearrange it should work out well.

Agree slightly re arrange tank and after a few days hopefully female will lose some colour and male dominates

Back
Top Bottom