Jack dempsey Q?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you put 2 jack Dempseys in a 55g?

As juveniles, yeah... full grown I'd say 75g minimum for 2 and even then the aggression might get to be too much. In a 55g I'd just go with 1 and then add some dithers and maybe a bottom feeder.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am still in the planning process, in trying to decide what to put in the tank to keep my husband interested. He doesn't get how actually small a 55 is!

55 s are pretty small. I would recommend a minimum 125 for a good cichlid tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I think you're better keeping cichlids <6 inch in a 55 and using 125G ideally for a little collection of larger ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am still in the planning process, in trying to decide what to put in the tank to keep my husband interested. He doesn't get how actually small a 55 is!

If you want to "keep him interested" then don't get JD's JD's are only active in the earlier stages of life as they grow older the grow more recluse and spend a good amount of time in caves. I would go with the fish that areactive and less than 6"

Peacocks
Fire Mouths
Honduran Red Points
Acarra
Festivum
Rainbow Cichlids
jewels (If you want more aggression)

55 s are pretty small. I would recommend a minimum 125 for a good cichlid tank

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

55 is perfectly fine for a cichlid tank.
75 is ideal being able to keep most kinds of cichlids
125 is bonus being nearly limitless on types of cichlids. Only excluding the largest of cichlids being kept.

Back
Top Bottom